This page lists the ways in which the AgeOfWormsCampaign
differs from the D&D 3.5 rules (I want to document all the 3.5 rules exceptions we are using, so that we all know what they are). If you think a variant should be added, just ask, the answer is likely yes. This list will likely grow as players request variants.
- Humans get +2 to One Ability Score: Human characters get a +2 bonus to one ability score of their choice at creation to represent their varied nature. (from D&D 4.0 & Pathfinder)
- bloodlines from Unearthed Arcana, PG19 are allowed
- flaws and traits from Unearthed Arcana, PG86 & 90) are allowed as described in the book. You may pick them, or roll randomly.
- XP required to level will use the standard fast progression table in pathfinder. (We used to use this progression table from 3.5: XPProgressionTable, taken from Unearthed Arcana, PG 213 (table 6-13 on PG 214).
- Starting gold: Roll based on class on PH111.
Deviations from Steve's games (where I am following 3.5 instead):
- Ability score rolls: 4D6, take the top 3, but don't re-roll 1's
- Ability score adjustments. +1 to just 1 stat per 4 levels
- Elves don't automatically detect secret doors, they just get a free search check if within 5' of one.
Rulings (answers to questions we didn't find in the 3.5 books):
- When getting up from prone, Attack of Opportunity occurs after standing up (so no prone penalty), but still lose dex bonus
- 22 Dec 2009