This page lists the ways in which the ShackledCityCampaign
differs from the D&D 3.5 rules (I want to document all the 3.5 rules exceptions we are using, so that we all know what they are). If you think a variant should be added, just ask, the answer is likely yes. This list will likely grow as players request variants.
- Humans get +2 to One Ability Score: Human characters get a +2 bonus to one ability score of their choice at creation to represent their varied nature. (from D&D 4.0 & Pathfinder)
- bloodlines from Unearthed Arcana, PG19 are allowed
- flaws and traits from Unearthed Arcana, PG86 & 90) are allowed as described in the book. You may pick them, or roll randomly.
- XP required to level will use this progression table: ShackledCityXPProgressionTable, taken from Unearthed Arcana, PG 213 (table 6-13 on PG 214).
- Starting gold: Roll based on class on PH111.
Deviations from Steve's games (where I am following 3.5 instead):
- Ability score rolls: 4D6, take the top 3, but don't re-roll 1's
- Ability score adjustments. +1 to just 1 stat per 4 levels
- Elves don't automatically detect secret doors, they just get a free search check if within 5' of one.
Rulings (answers to questions we didn't find in the 3.5 books):
- Can someone tell if another is trying to read their thoughts? Yes, if they make their saving throw, but only someone familiar with mind reading would be able to tell what it was. Since the saving throw occurs in the 3rd round. they can't detect the first 2 rounds of detect thoughts.
- 03 Sep 2009
DungeonsAndDragons.ShackledCityHouseRules moved from DungeonsAndDragons.HouseRules on 03 Sep 2009 - 17:59 by KevinSeghetti
- put it back