! Notes on my laptop.
! make WG511T?
Here is a simple and easy way to get the Netgear Wg511T?
card up and running in easy steps. In 5 minutes you will be up and running.
- start up a root console
- type: iwconfig ( this will give you your card info and network /wireless info)
- type: iwconfig ath0 channel 6 ( substitute channel 6 for whichever channel your router is transmitting on)
- Type: iwlist scan ( this may take a minute, this will give you your routers wireless settings.)
- Edit /etc/network/interfaces, add 'wireless-essid NETGEAR' and 'wireless-ap #' to the 'auto ath0' (where # is the Address printed by iwlist scan
Old instructions for getting it to work on a live CD
- Type: iwconfig ath0 essid xxxxxx ( replace xxxxxx with your routers essid)
- Type: iwconfig ath0 ap xx xx xx xx xx xx( this is the six double digit mac address required and is listed in your iwlist scan message as above.)
- Type: iwconfig ath0 key XXXXXXXXXX ( replace XXXXXXXX with your own hex wep key )
- type: dhclient ( this gets your dhcp sorted ) you should now be up and running.
! Disable tap to click on touchpad
Option "MaxTapTime" "0"
to your synaptics section in xorg and it should fix this (it also disables tap-to-click completely).
- 26 Apr 2007